By Victor (Avigdor) Hurowitz
Read or Download I Have Built You an Exalted House: Temple Building in the Bible in the Light of Mesopotamian and North-West Semitic Writings (JSOT-ASOR Supplement Series 5) PDF
Best light books
This educational textual content covers a variety of fabric, from the fundamentals of laser resonators to complicated subject matters in laser diode pumping. the subject material is gifted in descriptive phrases which are comprehensible through the technical specialist who doesn't have a powerful origin in primary laser optics.
Der Grundkurs Theoretische Physik deckt in sieben Bänden alle für Bachelor-, grasp- oder Diplom-Studiengänge maßgeblichen Gebiete ab. Jeder Band vermittelt intestine durchdacht das im jeweiligen Semester benötigte theoretisch-physikalische Wissen. Der three. Band behandelt die Elektrodynamik in ihrer induktiven Formulierung.
Obvious within the seen diversity, part items could be studied within the optical variety utilizing holographic interferometry. more often than not, the holograms are recorded on high-resolving-power holographic photograph fabrics, yet a decrease spatial solution is adequate for winning study in lots of medical functions.
Subvolume 2C of crew VIII bargains with the forming info of metals. The content material is subdivided into 3 components with the current half 2 protecting non-ferrous gentle steel alloys, i. e. approximately 87 fabric structures, in a compact, database-oriented shape. the data of the deformation behaviour of fabrics is of important significance in clinical study and in technical purposes.
- Optical Near-Field Recording: Science and Technology
- Light Pollution: The Global View: Proceedings of the International Conference on Light Pollution, La Serena, Chile, held 5–7 March 2002
- Light Scattering Reviews 7: Radiative Transfer and Optical Properties of Atmosphere and Underlying Surface
- Nonlinear Optics Material Research
Additional info for I Have Built You an Exalted House: Temple Building in the Bible in the Light of Mesopotamian and North-West Semitic Writings (JSOT-ASOR Supplement Series 5)
27477, 11. 1-28). This hymn itself has a structure similar to that of the Temple Hymns composed by Enheduanna (Sjoberg and Bergmann 1969: 5): praise to the temple, followed by praise to the god, starting with the word nun, 'prince'. In 1. ) nam-kalam-ba-tar-ra-ta. From a much later time, in the inscriptions of Sennacherib (Luckenbill 1924: 94 11. 63-65; 103 11. 23-33), the accounts of building the 'Palace Without a Rival' in Nineveh start off with poetic passages extolling the city, but this may be an independent development rather than a return to archaic literary conventions.
5. These descriptions are not exact architectural accounts, and do not enable the reader to visualize the shape of the temple, even partially or schematically. They are somewhat reminiscent of the descriptions of temples found in the Temple Hymns (see Sjoberg and Bergmann 1969). Many parts of the temple are described in animal imagery. For these passages, see Heimpel 1968. ), see Cooper 1978: 145-46. 1. Sumerian and Old Babylonian Building Stories 41 lengths of the two framing hymns, they are strikingly similar in language (Cyl.
The four sections, which are delineated and separated from each other by the three dreams, differ from each other not only in the activities described, but also in the participants involved and the location: In the first part, which describes the divine decision, the players are Enlil, head of the pantheon, and Ningirsu, the patron god of Lagash. The scene of the action is the divine dwelling place, wherever that might be. In the second part, which tells how Gudea clarified the divine will, the actors are Gudea and a number of personal, regional deities, who have technical functions.