By Henry Sinnreich
''This publication is sort of a strong journey guide.It does not simply describe the foremost sights; you percentage within the background, spirit, language, and tradition of the place.''
--Henning Schulzrinne, Professor, Columbia University
Since its start in 1996, consultation Initiation Protocol (SIP) has grown up. As a richer, even more strong know-how, SIP at the present time is absolutely able to aiding the conversation platforms that strength our twenty-first century paintings and life.
This moment version instruction manual has been remodeled to hide the latest criteria, providers, and items. you will discover the most recent on SIP utilization past VoIP, together with Presence, rapid messaging (IM), mobility, and emergency companies, in addition to peer-to-peer SIP functions, quality-of-service, and defense issues--everything you want to construct and install modern SIP services.
This publication can help you
* paintings with SIP in Presence and event-based communications
* deal with SIP-based application-level mobility issues
* advance purposes to facilitate communications entry for clients with disabilities
* arrange Internet-based emergency services
* discover how peer-to-peer SIP platforms may perhaps switch VoIP
* comprehend the severe significance of net transparency
* establish correct criteria and specifications
* deal with power quality-of-service and protection difficulties
Read Online or Download Internet Communications Using SIP: Delivering VoIP and Multimedia Services with Session Initiation Protocol PDF
Similar certification books
Network and system management often refers back to the ability of maintaining pcs and networks working properly. yet honestly, the ability wanted is that of dealing with complexity. This ebook describes the technological know-how in the back of those complicated structures, autonomous of the particular working platforms they paintings on. It offers a theoretical method of structures management that:saves time in appearing universal process management initiatives.
Licensed Self-Study consultant Designing for Cisco Internetwork recommendations (DESGN) moment version starting place studying for CCDA examination 640-863 Designing for Cisco Internetwork ideas (DESGN), moment version, is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced studying software for CCDA® beginning studying. This ebook will give you the information had to layout company networks.
As a last examination coaching instrument, the CCIE instant (350-050) quickly Reference presents a concise overview of all ambitions at the new written exam. the quick booklet offers readers with unique, graphical-based info, highlighting purely the main subject matters in cram-style structure. With this record as your advisor, you are going to evaluation themes on innovations and instructions that follow to this examination.
- VCP VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
- Microsoft® Encyclopedia of Networking
- ExamWise For Exam 1D0-420 CIW Site Designer Certification (With Online Exam)
- Troubleshooting Remote Access Networks (CCIE Professional Development)
Extra info for Internet Communications Using SIP: Delivering VoIP and Multimedia Services with Session Initiation Protocol
RTP media packets containing audio, video or IM will now flow between the SIP endpoints. SIP Capabilities SIP-enabled IP devices can call each other directly, if they know each other’s URL. Thus, an IP phone call can be placed directly between two or more SIP phones or PCs. Small conferences can be held by several users connecting to one device acting as the conference bridge, where one of the SIP phones can act as both conference participant and conference bridge. Besides SIP devices such as phones, PCs, IP telephony gateways, and mobile devices, service providers also deploy SIP servers for a variety of additional services.
Numbers have a local significance only. Public VoIP providers with gateways in multiple cities and multiple countries are offering phone numbers from everywhere their SIP to PSTN gateway service can reach. For example, a resident in Karachi, Pakistan can have a phone number in Dallas, Texas, USA (this is a real service known to the authors). ” SIP Application-Level Mobility You can make the distinction between the following: ■■ Terminal mobility—Terminal moves between subnets. ■■ Personal mobility—Different terminals, same address.
2. We have listed for simplicity the year of the first RFC published by the WG, though the WG was sometimes formed one to two years earlier. Years denote a new WG that has not yet produced any RFC. ” References in This Book Because of the multiple developments on the Internet, SIP is being used in ever-more services, user software, and various user devices (such as in SIP phones, PCs, laptops, PDAs, and mobile phones). This is, in effect, a new industry and its participants keep making new contributions to the core SIP standards, mainly in the area of new services and new applications.