By Don Goodsell (Auth.)
An evidence of the technical phrases utilized in car engineering. Diagrams illustrate the various extra complicated goods, and a separate record of acronyms and initials is supplied. The phrases incorporated diversity from formal terminology to vernacular, either British and American
Read Online or Download Dictionary of Automotive Engineering PDF
Best automotive books
From 2009 all LGV drivers might want to gather the recent ecu driving force CPC as well as a LGV driving force licence. This e-book is the last word LGV education handbook for any expert driving force or shipping supervisor, because it covers all components a motive force might want to be aware of and comprehend to be able to achieve the licences essential to force a LGV automobile.
525i, 530i, 535i, 540i, together with traveling The BMW five sequence (E34) provider guide: 1989-1995 is a entire, unmarried resource of carrier details and requirements on hand particularly for BMW five sequence from 1989 to 1995. the purpose all through this guide has been simplicity, readability and completeness, with functional factors, step by step tactics and actual necessities.
This quantity collects chosen papers of the third CESA car Electronics Congress, Paris, 2014. CESA is an important car electronics convention in France. The topical concentration lies on state of the art automobile electronics with appreciate to strength intake and self sufficient using. the objective viewers basically includes leaders and study specialists within the car undefined.
From the Chevrolet Bel Air to the Ferrari Testarossa, The vintage vehicle booklet showcases an important and iconic vintage vehicles from each decade because the Forties, with a foreword by way of award-winning author and commentator at the undefined, background, and tradition of autos, Giles Chapman. absolutely illustrated and jam-packed with attractive images, The vintage automobile e-book makes use of especially commissioned photographic excursions to place you within the drivers seat of the worlds most renowned classic automobiles, together with trendy roadsters and comfort limousines from brands equivalent to Mercedez-Benz, Ferrari, Rover, Jaguar, and Bentley.
- Don't Get Taken Every Time: The Ultimate Guide to Buying or Leasing a Car, in the Showroom or on the Internet (Revised edition)
- Automotive Lubricant Testing and Advanced Additive Development (ASTM special technical publication 1501)
- Raumfahrtsysteme: Eine Einführung mit Übungen und Lösungen (German Edition)
- Automotive Battery Technology
Additional resources for Dictionary of Automotive Engineering
2) Landing legs for a semi-trailer. donkey engine A small auxiliary engine, usually for driving ancillary equipment or services when the main engine is stopped. dope Fuel additive, particularly nitromethane or of one of the aromatic hydrocarbons. Used in competitive events where regulations permit. (Informal). double See double trailer. double-acting Of an engine or pump, where work is done on, or by, each side of the piston. Extremely rare in diesel engines, though common practice in steam. 7The CAV DPA distributor pump double-barrel carburetor Carburetor in which two barrels share the same float chamber.
See also beU housing, clutch judder Faulty condition in which the clutch does not take up smoothly but vibrates during engagement due to oil on friction surfaces or to warped plates. Also clutch shudder, clutch pedal Pedal by which the driver of a vehicle operates the clutch, through a mechanical or hydraulic linkage. clutch pedal free travel Distance moved by clutch pedal before clutch actuating mechanism begins to operate. clutch plate (US: clutch disc or disk) Rotating clutch element, to which the friction material is attached.
Driving cycle See test cycle. driving mirror Mirror providing a driver with rearward vision, particularly when mounted within a vehicle. See also wing mirror. driving wheel A steering wheel (UK archaic). dromedary Cargo-carrying truck (not merely a tractor unit) equipped with a fifth wheel for towing a semi-trailer (US informal), drop arm (US: pitman arm) Lever or arm that translates the rotary output of a steering box to the linear movement of a drag link. Also steering arm. 6. drop axle Dead axle of which the main portion of the beam is lower than the axis of the wheels.