By Matthew Gast
It is a nice booklet for wireless procedure engineers to appreciate 802.11 a\b\g PHY and MAC. The e-book not just talks approximately theoretical stuff but in addition offers useful features of wireless networking.
Read Online or Download 802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide (O'Reilly Networking) PDF
Similar certification books
Network and system management often refers back to the ability of holding pcs and networks operating properly. yet truthfully, the ability wanted is that of dealing with complexity. This publication describes the technological know-how at the back of those complicated platforms, self reliant of the particular working structures they paintings on. It presents a theoretical method of platforms management that:saves time in appearing universal process management projects.
Licensed Self-Study consultant Designing for Cisco Internetwork recommendations (DESGN) moment version beginning studying for CCDA examination 640-863 Designing for Cisco Internetwork strategies (DESGN), moment version, is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced studying instrument for CCDA® origin studying. This e-book offers you the information had to layout company networks.
As a last examination coaching instrument, the CCIE instant (350-050) speedy Reference offers a concise evaluate of all ambitions at the new written exam. the fast booklet presents readers with specific, graphical-based details, highlighting purely the foremost subject matters in cram-style structure. With this rfile as your consultant, you are going to assessment themes on techniques and instructions that observe to this examination.
- CCNA Data Center: Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies Study Guide: Exam 640-916
- CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide (Exam 640-802)
- 31 Days Before Your CCNA Exam: A Day-By-Day Review Guide for the 640-802 Exam, 2nd Edition
- MPLS for Metropolitan Area Networks
Additional resources for 802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide (O'Reilly Networking)
11. One is used by the DCF for contention-based service; those exchanges are described in this chapter. A second set of exchanges is specified for use with the PCF for contention-free services. Frame exchanges used with contention-free services are intricate and harder to understand. Since very few (if any) commercial products implement contention-free service, these exchanges are not described. 11 MAC. According to the rules of the DCF, all products are required to provide best-effort delivery.
Carrier sensing is performed using both a physical mediumdependent method and the virtual (NAV) method. a. If the previous frame was received without errors, the medium must be free for at least the DIFS. b. If the previous transmission contained errors, the medium must be free for the amount of the EIFS. 2. If the medium is busy, the station must wait for the channel to become idle. 11 refers to the wait as access deferral. If access is deferred, the station waits for the medium to become idle for the DIFS and prepares for the exponential backoff procedure.
Low fragmentation thresholds have much higher overhead, but they offer increased robustness in the face of hostile conditions. 3 RTS/CTS To guarantee reservation of the medium and uninterrupted data transmission, a station can use the RTS/CTS exchange. Figure 3-17 shows this process. The RTS/CTS exchange acts exactly like the initial exchange in the fragmentation case, except that the RTS frame does not carry data. The NAV in the RTS allows the CTS to complete, and the CTS is used to reserve access for the data frame.